Job prospects Yard Labourer - Railway Transport near Edmonton (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for Railway and motor transport labourers near Edmonton (AB). These trends also apply to people working as an yard labourer - railway transport.
Note that these employment prospects were published in December 2019 based on information available at that time. You can read our new special report to learn about the impact of COVID-19 on some occupations in your province or territory. You can also visit the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard to find the latest data on the demand and work requirements for this occupation.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be limited for Railway and motor transport labourers (NOC 7622) in the Edmonton region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Railway and motor transport labourers in the Edmonton region:
- Approximately 570 people work in this occupation.
- Railway and motor transport labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 60%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 12%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 9%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 8%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: