Job prospects Yard Labourer - Railway Transport near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Railway and motor transport labourers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as an yard labourer - railway transport.
Balanced labour market
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2016-2018). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
The employment outlook will be fair for Railway and motor transport labourers (NOC 7622) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Railway and motor transport labourers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 230 people worked in this occupation in May 2015.
- Railway and motor transport labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Transportation and warehousing (NAICS 48-49): 64%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 6%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: