Job prospects Cropsprayer Machine Operator near Red Deer (AB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "General farm workers" near Red Deer (AB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for General farm workers (NOC 8431) in the Red Deer region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
The Government of Alberta has developed the Agri-food Sector Investment and Growth Strategy to increase the value of agriculture and agri-processing sector in the province. The goal is to attract $1.4 billion in investments and create 2,000 jobs in the agri-food sector by 2024.
Here are some key facts about General farm workers in the Red Deer region:
- Approximately 1,440 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- General farm workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS ultur): 85%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for General farm workers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: