Job prospects Cropsprayer Machine Operator near Steinbach (MB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "General farm workers" near Steinbach (MB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for General farm workers (NOC 8431) in the Southeast region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about General farm workers in the Southeast region:
- Approximately 1,980 people work in this occupation.
- General farm workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS ultur): 80%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 9%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for General farm workers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: