Job prospects Cropsprayer Machine Operator near Dauphin (MB)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "General farm workers" near Dauphin (MB) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for General farm workers (NOC 8431) in the Parklands region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about General farm workers in the Parklands region:
- Approximately 590 people work in this occupation.
- General farm workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS ultur): 55%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 14%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 11%
- Machinery manufacturing (NAICS 333): 8%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for General farm workers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: