Job prospects General Farm Worker - Livestock near Yorkton (SK)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "general farm worker - livestock" was moved from the group General farm workers (NOC 8431) to the group Livestock labourers (NOC 85100).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "General farm workers" near Yorkton (SK) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be moderate for General farm workers (NOC 8431) in the Yorkton - Melville region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about General farm workers in the Yorkton - Melville region:
- Approximately 1,440 people work in this occupation.
- General farm workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS ultur): 93%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
- Date modified: