Job outlook General Farm Worker near London (ON)
Job opportunities for General farm workers (NOC 8431) are good near London (ON) over the next 3 years. This job outlook is also applicable to people working as a general farm worker.
Job opportunities near London (ON)
The employment outlook will be good for General farm workers (NOC 8431) in the London region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities may vary depending on the time of the year.
The London region forms part of the agricultural heartland in southern Ontario and accounts for about 11.0% of all farms in the province. This economic region has one of the largest agricultural workforces in Ontario and a much higher concentration of these workers compared to all other occupations in the region. The Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin areas all have a significant number of farms with Middlesex having one of the highest in the province. Though the number of farms fell in many parts of Ontario, it rose in Oxford and Elgin between 2011 and 2016. Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin, employ more workers in the agricultural industry than most other places in the province, with agricultural employment growing in Elgin between 2011 and 2016. Unlike many other economic regions, the total area of land used for farming activities grew across London, especially in Oxford. The agricultural industry is quite broad in this region with numerous oilseed and grain farms, dairy cattle and milk producers, livestock farms such as beef and poultry, and vegetable and melon farms.
Here are some key facts about General farm workers in the London region:
- Approximately 2,500 people work in this occupation.
- General farm workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 85%
Job opportunities in Ontario
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for General farm workers (NOC 8431) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: