Job prospects Labourer, Livestock near Kitchener (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "General farm workers" near Kitchener (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for General farm workers (NOC 8431) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Many farms in the region are in the Simcoe, Wellington, and Waterloo areas.
Here are some key facts about General farm workers in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 2,850 people work in this occupation.
- General farm workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 80%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for General farm workers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: