Job prospects Labourer, Livestock near Hamilton (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "General farm workers" near Hamilton (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Livestock labourers (NOC 85100) in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region for the 2023-2025 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment is expected to remain relatively stable.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
Many farms in the region are in the Haldimand-Norfolk and Niagara areas.
Here are some key facts about Livestock labourers in the Hamilton - Niagara Peninsula region:
- Approximately 880 people worked in this occupation in May 2021.
- Livestock labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 50%
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 19%
- Information, cultural, arts, entertainment and recreation services (NAICS 51, 71): 14%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 7%
- Retail Trade (NAICS 44-45): 6%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for General farm workers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: