Job prospects Farm Worker, Tobacco near London (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "General farm workers" near London (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for General farm workers near London (ON). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for General farm workers (NOC 8431) in the London region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Not many positions will become available due to retirements.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Many farms in the region are in Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin.
Here are some key facts about General farm workers in the London region:
- Approximately 3,280 people work in this occupation.
- General farm workers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 85%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for General farm workers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: