Job prospects Harvest Hand near Kelowna (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Harvesting labourers" near Kelowna (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be very limited for Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611) in the Thompson - Okanagan region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
Here are some key facts about Harvesting labourers in the Thompson - Okanagan region:
- Approximately 130 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Harvesting labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS ultur): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Harvesting labourers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: