Job prospects Harvest Hand near Windsor (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Harvesting labourers" near Windsor (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611) in the Windsor - Sarnia region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Harvesting labourers in the Windsor - Sarnia region:
- Approximately 610 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Harvesting labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Harvesting labourers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: