Job prospects Harvest Hand near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Harvesting labourers" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Harvesting labourers in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 270 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Harvesting labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): 88%
- Management and Administrative Services (NAICS 55-56): 12%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Harvesting labourers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: