Job prospects Harvest Hand near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Harvesting labourers" near Vancouver (BC) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very poor over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more workers available than job openings.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be limited for Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a few new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are several unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Harvesting labourers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,470 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Harvesting labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS ultur): more than 95%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Harvesting labourers across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: