Job prospects Harvest Hand near Vancouver (BC)
Explore current and future job prospects for Harvesting labourers near Vancouver (BC). These trends also apply to people working as a harvest hand.
We were not able to determine labour market conditions in this region over the past few years because of low employment levels in this occupational group.
The employment outlook will be good for Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Harvesting labourers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,790 people work in this occupation.
- Harvesting labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture:more than 95%
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Job prospects elsewhere in CanadaExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: