Job outlook Harvest Hand near Vancouver (BC)
The job outlook for a harvest hand working near Vancouver (BC) is good over the next 3 years. This outlook is applicable to all Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611).
Job opportunities near Vancouver (BC)
The employment outlook will be good for Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611) in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region for the 2019-2021 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a small number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
- High employee turnover in this occupation could lead to additional employment opportunities.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Harvesting labourers in the Lower Mainland - Southwest region:
- Approximately 1,790 people work in this occupation.
- Harvesting labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture:more than 95%
Job opportunities in British Columbia
Labour market conditions across Canada
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: