Job prospects Harvest Hand near Kitchener (ON)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "harvest hand" was moved from the group Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611) to the group Harvesting labourers (NOC 85101).
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Harvesting labourers" near Kitchener (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was very good over the past few years (2019-2021). There were far more job openings than workers available to fill them.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Harvesting labourers (NOC 8611) in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to a moderate number of new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- Due to the seasonal nature of this occupation, employment opportunities tend to be more favourable during the summer months.
Here are some key facts about Harvesting labourers in the Kitchener - Waterloo - Barrie region:
- Approximately 150 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Harvesting labourers mainly work in the following sectors:
- Agriculture (NAICS 111, 112, 1151, 1152): more than 95%
Source Labour Market Information | Prospects Methodology
Labour market conditions over the next 10 yearsExplore current and future job prospects elsewhere in Canada.
- Date modified: