Job prospects Melting And Roasting Department Supervisor near Toronto (ON)
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Supervisors, mineral and metal processing" near Toronto (ON) or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note: These outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
Over the past few years (2019-2021), the labour market was balanced for Supervisors, mineral and metal processing near Toronto (ON). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available in this occupation.
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Supervisors, mineral and metal processing (NOC 9211) in the Toronto region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Supervisors, mineral and metal processing in the Toronto region:
- Approximately 810 people worked in this occupation in May 2016.
- Supervisors, mineral and metal processing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Non-metallic mineral product manufacturing (NAICS 327): 20%
- Primary metal manufacturing (NAICS 331): 20%
- Fabricated metal product manufacturing (NAICS 332): 13%
- Construction (NAICS 23): 11%
- Miscellaneous manufacturing (NAICS 339): 9%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Supervisors, mineral and metal processing across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: