Job prospects Food And Beverage Processing Supervisor in British Columbia
Job opportunities for Supervisors, food and beverage processing (NOC 9213) are good in British Columbia over the next 3 years. These job prospects are also applicable to people working as a food and beverage processing supervisor.
Note: These employment prospects were published in December 2021 based on the information available at the time of analysis. The next update will be in December 2022. To learn more, see our FAQs. You can also find additional information on the Canadian Online Job Posting Dashboard.
Job opportunities in British Columbia
The employment outlook will be good for Supervisors, food, beverage and associated products processing (NOC 9213) in British Columbia for the 2021-2023 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- Several positions will become available due to retirements.
- There are a moderate number of unemployed workers with recent experience in this occupation.
Here are some key facts about Supervisors, food, beverage and associated products processing in the British Columbia region:
- Approximately 3,950 people work in this occupation.
- Supervisors, food, beverage and associated products processing mainly work in the following sectors:
- Food, beverage and tobacco product manufacturing (NAICS 311, 312): 73%
- Wholesale trade (NAICS 41): 14%
- The distribution of full-time and part-time workers in this occupation is:
- Full-time workers: more than 95% compared to 77% for all occupations
- Part-time workers: less than 5% compared to 23% for all occupations
- 69% of supervisors, food, beverage and associated products processing work all year, while 31% work only part of the year, compared to 57% and 43% respectively among all occupations. Those who worked only part of the year did so for an average of 34 weeks compared to 32 weeks for all occupations.
- Less than 5% of supervisors, food, beverage and associated products processing are self-employed compared to an average of 14% for all occupations.
Breakdown by region
Explore job prospects in British Columbia by economic region.
|Cariboo Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Kootenay Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Lower Mainland–Southwest Region||Fair Fair|
|Nechako Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|North Coast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Northeast Region||Undetermined Undetermined|
|Thompson–Okanagan Region||Good Good|
|Vancouver Island and Coast Region||Fair Fair|
You can also look at this data on a map. Go to LMI Explore
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
We expect that the labour supply and demand for Supervisors, food and beverage processing (NOC 9213) will be balanced in Canada over the next 10 years.
- Date modified: