Job prospects Registered Nurse (R.N.) in the Northeast Region
Explore current and future job prospects for people working as "Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses" in the Northeast Region or Canada.
Current and future job prospects
Note that these outlooks are based on the 2016 version of the NOC. Learn more about our methodology.
Recent trends from the past 3 years
The prospect of finding work in this occupation was fair over the past few years (2019-2021). The number of job openings was about the same as the number of workers available.
Source Labour Market Information | Recent Trends Assessment Methodology
Job outlook over the next 3 years
The employment outlook will be good for Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses (NOC 3012) in the Northeast region for the 2022-2024 period.
The following factors contributed to this outlook:
- Employment growth will lead to several new positions.
- A moderate number of positions will become available due to retirements.
Here are some key facts about Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses in the Northeast region:
- Approximately 5,620 people work in this occupation.
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses mainly work in the following sectors:
- Ambulatory health care services and hospitals (NAICS 621-622): 82%
- Nursing and residential care facilities and social assistance (NAICS 623-624): 14%
Labour market conditions over the next 10 years
Find out what will be the job prospects for Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses across Canada over the next 10 years, from 2022 to 2031.
- Date modified: