Job requirements Driver, Funeral Services in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a driver, funeral services in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Taxi and limousine drivers and chauffeurs (NOC 7513).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Some secondary school education is usually required.
- A minimum of one year of safe driving experience is usually required.
- A Class G driver's licence is required in Ontario, and a Class 4 driver's licence is required in all other provinces and the territories.
- Taxi and limousine drivers require good knowledge of the geographical area to be covered and may have to pass written street/building location and safety examinations.
- Taxi drivers usually require a municipal permit.
- First aid certification may be required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Manitoba||Taxi And Limousine Drivers And Chauffeurs||Regulated||Taxicab Board|
|Québec||Taxi Driver||Regulated||Ministère des Transports du Québec, Service de l'éthique, de l'accès à l'information et des plaintes|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: