Job requirements Chairman/woman - Health, Education, Social And Community Services And Membership Organizations in the Parklands Region
Find out what you typically need to work as a chairman/woman - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations in the Parklands Region. These requirements are applicable to all Senior managers - health, education, social and community services and membership organizations (NOC 0014).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, hospital administration, finance or other discipline related to the service provided is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a middle manager in a related institution or organization are usually required.
- Specialization in a particular functional area or service is possible through specific university or college training in that area or through previous experience.
- Senior managers in finance usually require a professional accounting designation.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: