Job requirements Fermentation Process Operator - Food And Beverage Processing near Vancouver (BC)

Find out what you typically need to work as a fermentation process operator - food and beverage processing near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Process control and machine operators, food and beverage processing (NOC 9461).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Completion of secondary school may be required.
  • On-the-job training is provided.
  • Experience as a machine operator in food, beverage or associated products processing is usually required for industrial process control operators.
  • Experience as a labourer in food, beverage or associated products processing may be required for machine operators.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.

  • If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
  • If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.

Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: