Job requirements Director, Sales Agency Marketing Division near Whitehorse (YT)

Find out what you typically need to work as a director, sales agency marketing division near Whitehorse (YT). These requirements are applicable to all Advertising, marketing and public relations managers (NOC 0124).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

Advertising and public relations managers
  • A university degree or college diploma in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism or in a related field and Several years of experience in an advertising, public relations or communications officer position or in a related occupation are required.
Marketing managers
  • A university degree or college diploma in business administration or in a related field with a specialization in sales or marketing and Several years of experience as a sales, marketing or public relations representative or in a related occupation are required.
E-business managers
  • A university degree or college diploma in a field related to electronic commerce, Web site content development, or Internet services and Experience in Web site design, interactive media development, data administration or information systems analysis or experience related to Web site content are usually required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.

  • If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
  • If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.

Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: