Job requirements Administrative Officer in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region
Find out what you typically need to work as an administrative officer in the Kitchener–Waterloo–Barrie Region. These requirements are applicable to all Administrative officers (NOC 1221).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A university degree or college diploma in business or public administration may be required.
- Experience in a senior clerical or executive secretarial position related to office administration is usually required.
- Project management certification may be required by some employers.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: