Job requirements Furniture Refinishing Varnisher in Prince Edward Island
Find out what you typically need to work as a furniture refinishing varnisher in Prince Edward Island. These requirements are applicable to all Furniture finishers and refinishers (NOC 94210).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Secondary school education is usually required.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Experience as a labourer in the same company may be required for furniture and fixtures assemblers and inspectors.
- College, high school or industry courses in furniture finishing or refinishing may be required.
Professional certification and licensingPrince Edward Island
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: