Job requirements Machine Operator - Plastics Processing in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a machine operator - plastics processing in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Plastics processing machine operators (NOC 94111).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- For all operators in this unit group, completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Several years of experience as a helper, tender or packer in the same company may be required.
- Completion of a statistical process control (SPC) course may be required.
- Completion of courses in hydraulics, pneumatics and electronics systems may be required for moulding process operators.
- On-the-job training is provided.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: