Job requirements Technician, Thermology And Electrolysis near Calgary (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a technician, thermology and electrolysis near Calgary (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Estheticians, electrologists and related occupations (NOC 6562).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of high school, college or beauty school programs for cosmeticians, estheticians, electrologists, manicurists and pedicurists is required or On-the-job training is provided.
- Electrologists usually require certification from an electrologist's educational or training institution.
- Membership in a provincial or national electrolysis association may be required.
- Completion of a registered dermal therapy program may be required to provide electrology laser and vascular treatments.
- Estheticians usually require certification from an esthetician's educational or training institution.
- Apprenticeship for electrologists, estheticians and nail technicians is available in Manitoba. Trade certification for these occupations is compulsory in that province.
- A business license is required for workers in this group who are owners/operators of businesses offering these services.
- Practitioners offering these personal services are required to adhere to infection control procedures.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: