Job requirements Heavy Equipment Operator Apprentice near Calgary (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a heavy equipment operator apprentice near Calgary (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Heavy equipment operators (except crane) (NOC 7521).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Some secondary school education is required.
- Completion of a one- to two-year apprenticeship program or Some high school, college or industry courses in heavy equipment operating combined with on-the-job training are required.
- Trade certification is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Internal company certification may be required by some employers.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: