Job requirements Support Services Assistant - Medical near Prince George (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a support services assistant - medical near Prince George (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates (NOC 33102).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Some secondary school education and on-the-job training or a personal support worker, nursing aide or health care aide college or private institutional program, or a college nursing orderly program and supervised practical training are required.
- Completion of specialized courses such as cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and first aid is usually required.
- An appropriate class of driver's licence may be required for medical attendants.
Professional certification and licensingBritish Columbia
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: