Job requirements Chef near Prince Albert (SK)
Find out what you typically need to work as a chef near Prince Albert (SK). These requirements are applicable to all Chefs (NOC 6321).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Cook's trade certification, which is available in all provinces and territories, or equivalent credentials, training and experience, are required.
- Executive chefs usually require management training and several years of experience in commercial food preparation, including two years in a supervisory capacity and Experience as a sous-chef, specialist chef or chef.
- Sous-chefs, specialist chefs and chefs usually require several years of experience in commercial food preparation.
- Red Seal endorsement for cooks is also available to qualified chefs upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- Chef de cuisine certification, administered by the Canadian Culinary Institute of the Canadian Federation of Chefs and Cooks (CFCC), is available to qualified chefs.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: