Job requirements Elementary School Teacher's Aide in Ontario
Find out what you typically need to work as an elementary school teacher's aide in Ontario. These requirements are applicable to all Elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 43100).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Teacher assistants usually require completion of a 10-month college program in teaching assistance, educational assistance or other social science program.
- Teacher assistants who help students with special needs usually require specialized training and experience.
Professional certification and licensingOntario
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: