Job requirements Machine Operator, Laundry And Dry Cleaning near Grande Prairie (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a machine operator, laundry and dry cleaning near Grande Prairie (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Dry cleaning, laundry and related occupations (NOC 6741).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Some secondary school education is required.
- Four to eight weeks of on-the-job training are usually provided.
- Dry cleaning and laundry machine operators may require experience as inspectors or assemblers.
- Suede, leather and fur cleaners may require experience as dry cleaning or laundry machine operators.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: