Job requirements Superintendent Of Education Programs In Public Schools in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a superintendent of education programs in public schools in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education (NOC 0422).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A bachelor's degree in education is required.
- A master's degree in education may be required.
- Several years of experience as a senior teacher or department head are required.
- A teacher's certificate for the province of employment is required.
- School principals may require a principal's certificate.
- Administrators of elementary and secondary education may require a supervisory officer certificate.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Manitoba||School Administrator||Regulated||Professional Certification and Student Records Unit, Manitoba Education and Training|
|School Principal||Regulated||Professional Certification and Student Records Unit, Manitoba Education and Training|
|Ontario||Teacher With Specialty - Principal's Certificate||Regulated||Ontario College of Teachers|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: