Job requirements Superintendent Of Education Programs In Public Schools in the Edmundston–Woodstock Region
Find out what you typically need to work as a superintendent of education programs in public schools in the Edmundston–Woodstock Region. These requirements are applicable to all School principals and administrators of elementary and secondary education (NOC 0422).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A bachelor's degree in education is required.
- A master's degree in education may be required.
- Several years of experience as a senior teacher or department head are required.
- A teacher's certificate for the province of employment is required.
- School principals may require a principal's certificate.
- Administrators of elementary and secondary education may require a supervisory officer certificate.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: