Job requirements Machining Tool Operator in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a machining tool operator in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Machining tool operators (NOC 94106).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Secondary school education is required.
  • College or other courses in machining may be required.
  • Several weeks of on-the-job training are provided.
  • Senior positions in this unit group, such as set-up operator, require experience as a machine operator.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.


Job title Tool And Cutter Grinder
Regulatory body: Ontario College of Trades
Job title Roll Grinder/turner
Regulatory body: Ontario College of Trades

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: