Job requirements Warehouse Clerk - Parts And Equipment in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a warehouse clerk - parts and equipment in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Storekeepers and partspersons (NOC 14401).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Completion of secondary school is usually required.
  • Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program or completion of specialized training in high school and a one-year college program for partspersons may be required.
  • Trade certification for partspersons is available, but voluntary, in all provinces and territories.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
Alberta Parts Technicians - Materials Technicians Regulated Alberta Advanced Education, Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT)
British Columbia Parts And Warehousing Person Regulated Industry Training Authority British Columbia
Partsperson (Level 2) Regulated Industry Training Authority British Columbia
Manitoba Storekeepers And Partspersons Regulated Apprenticeship Manitoba
New Brunswick Parts Technician Regulated Apprenticeship and Occupational Certification, Government of New Brunswick
Newfoundland and Labrador Partsperson Regulated Apprenticeship and Trades Certification Division, Departmant of Advanced Education, Skills and Labour, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
Northwest Territories Partsperson-materials Regulated Apprenticeship and Trades, Government of the Northwest Territories
Partsperson-parts Regulated Apprenticeship and Trades, Government of the Northwest Territories
Nova Scotia Parts Technician Regulated Nova Scotia Apprenticeship Agency
Ontario Parts Technician Regulated Ontario College of Trades
Prince Edward Island Partsperson Regulated Apprenticeship Training and Skilled Trade Certification, Government of Prince Edward Island
Québec Parts Clerk (automobile) Regulated Emploi Québec
Saskatchewan Partsperson Regulated Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission
Yukon Partsperson Non-regulated Apprenticeship and Tradesperson Qualifications, Yukon Education

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: