Job requirements Personal Trust Officer near Edmonton (AB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a personal trust officer near Edmonton (AB). These requirements are applicable to all Other financial officers (NOC 11109).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, commerce, economics or a related field is usually required.
- Various training programs and courses are offered by financial institutes and organizations, such as the Canadian Securities Institute, Institute of Canadian Bankers, CFA Institute, Investment Funds Institute and Trust Companies Institute of Canada, and may be required by employers.
- A recognized financial designation may be required (CFA, CIM or others).
- Financial examiners and inspectors may require a recognized accounting designation.
- Mortgage brokers require a mortgage broker licence in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Nova Scotia.
Professional certification and licensingAlberta
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: