Job requirements Quality Control Chemist in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a quality control chemist in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Chemists (NOC 2112).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • A bachelor's degree in chemistry, biochemistry or a related discipline is required.
  • A master's or doctoral degree is usually required for employment as a research chemist.
  • Licensing by a provincial association of chemists is required in Quebec, and available but voluntary in Nova Scotia, Ontario, Alberta and British Columbia.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
Alberta Chemist Regulated Association of the Chemical Profession of Alberta
Ontario Chartered Chemist Regulated Association of the Chemical Profession of Ontario
Québec Chemist Regulated Ordre des chimistes du Québec

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: