Job requirements Rental Agent - Retail in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a rental agent - retail in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Retail salespersons (NOC 64100).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Completion of secondary school may be required.
  • A university degree or college diploma may be required by some employers.
  • Specific subject matter courses or training may be required.
  • Previous visual merchandising experience may be required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

Table listing provincial regulation requirements
Location Job title Regulation Regulatory body
Ontario Lumber And Building Materials Retailer Regulated Ontario College of Trades
Hardware Retail Salesperson Regulated Ontario College of Trades
Motor Vehicle Salesperson Regulated Ontario Motor Vehicle Industry Council
Québec Bookseller Regulated Emploi Québec

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: