Job requirements Installer, Sprinklers And Fire Protection Systems in the Prince Albert Region

Find out what you typically need to work as an installer, sprinklers and fire protection systems in the Prince Albert Region. These requirements are applicable to all Steamfitters, pipefitters and sprinkler system installers (NOC 7252).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Completion of secondary school is usually required.
  • Completion of a four- to five-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over five years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in steamfitting, pipefitting or sprinkler system installation is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
  • Steamfitter-pipefitter trade certification is compulsory in Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
  • Steamfitter-pipefitter (non-construction) trade certification is compulsory in Quebec.
  • Sprinkler system installer trade certification is compulsory in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec and Manitoba and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
  • Sprinkler system installer (no construction) trade certification is compulsory in Quebec.
  • Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified steamfitters-pipefitters and sprinkler system installers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.

  • If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
  • If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.

Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: