Job requirements Floor Covering Installer near Vancouver (BC)
National Occupational Classification update
We have updated this page to reflect the transition to the 2021 version of the National Occupational Classification (NOC). This means that the occupation "floor covering installer" was moved from the group Floor covering installers (NOC 7295) to the group Floor covering installers (NOC 73113).
Find out what you typically need to work as a floor covering installer near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Floor covering installers (NOC 73113).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Trade certification for floor covering installers is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Ontario, Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified floor covering installers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: