Job requirements Transportation Manager in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a transportation manager in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Managers in transportation (NOC 0731).
This is what you typically need for the job.Managers in transportation operations
- A bachelor's degree in business administration or engineering is usually required.
- Several years of experience in transportation operations are usually required, including supervisory experience.
- Extensive experience as a supervisor and operator in a particular transport mode, such as a pilot, train engineer, vessel master or truck driver, may substitute for formal education.
- Certification as an operator of a particular mode of transportation, such as commercial pilot, vessel master or truck driver, is usually required.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A college diploma or university degree in business or transportation administration may be required.
- Several years of clerical, operational or administrative experience related to freight traffic are required.
Professional certification and licensing
We don’t have any data on professional certification requirements. This occupation is not regulated in Canada based on our records.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: