Job requirements Farm Produce Grading Service Contractor in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as a farm produce grading service contractor in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers (NOC 82030).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • Agricultural service contractors usually require a university degree, college diploma or industry courses in agricultural studies and several years of experience related to the service offered.
  • Contractors providing certain services, such as artificial insemination and pesticide application, may require training certificates and provincial licensing.
  • Farm supervisors may require a college certificate or other specialized training in agriculture or livestock husbandry.
  • A course or certificate in first aid may be required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.


Job title Nutrient Management


Job title Horse Trainer
Job title Pork Production Technician
Regulatory body: Emploi Québec


Job title Farm Supervisors And Specialized Livestock Workers

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: