Job requirements Industrial Arts Teacher - Elementary School in Canada

Find out what you typically need to work as an industrial arts teacher - elementary school in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (NOC 41221).

Employment requirements

This is what you typically need for the job.

  • A bachelor's degree in education is required.
  • A bachelor's degree in child development may be required.
  • Additional training is required to specialize in special education or second language instruction.
  • A provincial teaching certificate is required. Additional certification is required to teach English or French as a second language.
  • Membership in a provincial or territorial teachers' association or federation is usually required.

Source National Occupational Classification

Professional certification and licensing

You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.

British Columbia

Job title Teacher (elementary)

Newfoundland and Labrador

Job title Elementary School Teacher


Job title Elementary School And Kindergarten Teacher
Regulatory body: Ontario College of Teachers


Job title Elementary School Teacher


Job title Elementary School Teacher

Source Foreign Credential Recognition Program - ESDC

Do you want to work in another province or territory?

If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.

Labour Market Information Survey
Date modified: