Job requirements Industrial Arts Teacher - Elementary School in the Laurentides Region
Find out what you typically need to work as an industrial arts teacher - elementary school in the Laurentides Region. These requirements are applicable to all Elementary school and kindergarten teachers (NOC 41221).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A bachelor's degree in education is required.
- A bachelor's degree in child development may be required.
- Additional training is required to specialize in special education or second language instruction.
- A provincial teaching certificate is required. Additional certification is required to teach English or French as a second language.
- Membership in a provincial or territorial teachers' association or federation is usually required.
Professional certification and licensingQuébec
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: