Job requirements Process Operator - Primary Metal And Mineral Products Processing near Ottawa (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as a process operator - primary metal and mineral products processing near Ottawa (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Central control and process operators, mineral and metal processing (NOC 9231).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A college diploma may be required for some positions in this group.
- On-the-job training is provided.
- Several years of experience as a machine or process operator, usually in the same company or production department, are required.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: