Job requirements Baker near Vancouver (BC)
Find out what you typically need to work as a baker near Vancouver (BC). These requirements are applicable to all Bakers (NOC 63202).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job training may be provided.
- Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program for bakers or completion of a college or other program for bakers or several years of commercial baking experience is usually required.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified bakers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
- Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
Professional certification and licensingBritish Columbia
If this occupation is regulated, you may need to get a professional license from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if this occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: