Job requirements Baker in Canada
Find out what you typically need to work as a baker in Canada. These requirements are applicable to all Bakers (NOC 6332).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program for bakers or Completion of a college or other program for bakers is usually required.
- On-the-job training may be provided.
- Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, British Columbia, the Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified bakers upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a certification from a regulatory authority before you start working. Find out if this occupation is regulated in your province or territory.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: