Job requirements Psychologist, School near Winnipeg (MB)
Find out what you typically need to work as a psychologist, school near Winnipeg (MB). These requirements are applicable to all Psychologists (NOC 4151).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A doctoral degree in psychology is required in order to use the designation "Psychologist" in Quebec, Ontario, Manitoba and British Columbia.
- A master's degree in psychology is required for the designation "Psychologist" in Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Saskatchewan, Alberta and the Northwest Territories.
- A master's degree in psychology is required in order to use the designation "Psychological Associate" in Ontario and Manitoba.
- In Prince Edward Island, a doctoral degree is required to work in private practice, or a master's degree with practice limited to institutions and agencies.
- A period of supervised practical experience is required in most jurisdictions.
- Successful completion of the written Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology (EPPP) is required in most provinces.
- Oral examinations and board interviews are required in some provinces.
- Registration with a regulatory body is required in all provinces, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories.
- Membership in the provincial professional association for psychologists is mandatory in all provinces, Nunavut and the Northwest Territories.
- Psychologists can become specialized in a particular area through training and experience.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
|Location||Job title||Regulation||Regulatory body|
|Manitoba||Psychologist||Regulated (compulsory)||Psychological Association of Manitoba|
|School Clinician - Psychologists||Regulated (compulsory)||Professional Certification and Student Records Unit, Government of Manitoba|
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: