Job requirements Safety And Sanitary Inspector - Public And Environmental Health near Toronto (ON)
Find out what you typically need to work as a safety and sanitary inspector - public and environmental health near Toronto (ON). These requirements are applicable to all Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety (NOC 2263).
This is what you typically need for the job.
- A bachelor's degree or college diploma in a discipline such as food science, environmental studies, chemistry or health and safety is usually required.
- In some establishments, several years of related work experience and the completion of in-house training courses may substitute for formal education.
- Public health inspectors employed outside Quebec require certification with the Canadian Institute of Public Health Inspectors.
- Occupational health and safety officers may require certification with the Association for Canadian Registered Safety Professionals.
Professional certification and licensing
You might need to get a professional licence from a regulatory authority before you can start working. Licensing can be compulsory or voluntary, depending on the occupation.
- If the licence is compulsory, you must be certified before you can practise the occupation and use the professional designation.
- If the licence is voluntary, you don’t need to be certified to practise this occupation.
Find out if your occupation is regulated and contact the regulatory authority to learn about the certification process.
Do you want to work in another province or territory?
If you are already certified to work in a regulated occupation in your province or territory, it will be easier for you to have your certification recognized in another province or territory. See the Workers Mobility's website to learn more.
- Date modified: